Call for Papers: Volume 9 Issue 2
For more information Click Here
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (CST) July 31, 2020
1. When was the journal initiated?
Journal of Student Research was initiated in the year 2010. We are a standalone national journal that is its own organization and works independently.
2. How many issues do you plan on having each year?
We will be publishing biannually. Therefore, two issues per volume are scheduled.
3. What is the anticipated publishing date of the second issue?
The second issue is published sometime during the months of October to December.
4. How is the journal distributed?
JOFSR is an electronic journal and publishes biannually. Journal articles are indexed in Google Scholar and are available for anyone who browses the website.
5. Does the journal have an institutional sponsor?
Journal of Student Research does not have an institutional sponsor. Even though the journal is a standalone national journal, we work with our affiliated and work with many different universities and organizations, including, the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR).
6. Can Honors program students submit to this journal?
Yes! We welcome our Honors students' work as well.
7. Will you accept Graduate Student research projects as well?
Yes, we do accept submissions from graduate students as well.
8. Are papers from recent graduates who have not enrolled in a graduate school eligible to submit?
Yes, they can. All submissions MUST be original and the student must have a faculty advisor/co-author.
9. Can I see the entire Table of Contents?
Since the Journal is open access, you can freely read and download the full text of all articles published on the website. A complete Table of Content can be accessed by clicking on the "Current Issue" tab.
10. Is the faculty allowed to co-author articles with students?
Yes. We want all the academic population to achieve maximum benefit through this Journal. We realize that the supporting faculty put much time and effort into the student projects and some are very publishable. Please refer to our Author Guidelines.
11. How do readers get access to the articles?
Readers will be able to freely access the articles on our website and search for articles on the indexing sites mentioned above. They are also able to download Full Text (PDF) of the articles from the website.
12. What is the peer review process?
Reviewers are selected by the Editorial Team in the Journal of Student Research and the estimated time for the review process is 12-24 weeks. Reviewers are faculty from various institutions in the US. To find out more about the review process and the editorial workflow, please go to the Author Guidelines information page.